Compounding is the art and science of preparing personalised medicines for patients
At eMedical in Melbourne, we use state of the art equipment and devices to compound medicines.
Compounded medicines are "made from scratch" - individual ingredients are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient. This method allows us to work with the patient and the prescriber to customise a medicine to meet the patient's specific needs.
eMedical Compunding Chemist Melbourne
At eMedical Compounding Chemist we can improve therapeutic outcomes by solving problems doctors and patients have with:
- Allergies to fillers and dyes in commercially available medicines
- Discontinued or unavailable medicines
- Finding a solution to aid swallowing oral medicines
eg. Difficulty swallowing tablets
- Improving the taste of commercially available medicines
- Developing a dosage form specifically for your needs. Alternate dosage forms include lozenges, troches, capsules, lip balms, medicated lollipops, pessaries and suppositories, creams, ointments, pastes and gels, lotions and foams, mouthwashes, nasal drops and sprays.
Same-day collection & Express Post for Compound Medicines
We compound medicines prescribed by doctors, dentists, and veterinarians registered in Australia. On receipt of a prescription for a medicine to be compounded, we aim to complete your compound for same-day collection or we can express post anywhere in Australia.
Compounding delivers solutions not easily met by commercial products. From combining multiple medicines into a single, convenient dose for hospice patients to delivering children's cough medicine with a palatable flavour, eMedical online pharmacy can help you get the right medicine for your specific needs.
Call, email or visit us for help.
- Our mailing address is:
eMedical PO Box 80
Keilor VIC 3036
- eMedical / Keilor Village Pharmacy is situated at
686 Old Calder Hwy, Keilor 3036
Commonly Asked Questions About Compounding Pharmacy Prescription Medications
- The Prescription Expiry: the prescription is only valid for 12 months unless it is a prescription for an anabolic steroid (DHEA, testosterone are examples) or a drug of addiction (eg. Morphine, amphetamine, ketamine) which is only valid for SIX months.
- The Product Expiry: this is the expiry date of the actual compounded product. We use the APF or USP guidelines to determine the expiry date. The product expiry date depends on the expiry date of each of the ingredients, the stability of the formulation and whether or not a preservative is used. We apply a product expiry to each compound.
|Capsules||1 hour (more if more than one active ingredient)|
|Lollipop||3 hours (base needs to be melted and then solidify)|
|Pessaries||3 hours (base needs to be melted and then solidify)|
|Troche||2 hours (base needs to be melted and then solidify)|
|Sub-lingual drops||1/4 hour|
|Melasma Cream||1 hour|
|Gelatin Troche||3 hours|
|Transdermal Cream||1 hour|
|Lotion||1 hour (Minoxidil will take longer)|
|Ear drop||1/2 hour|
|Nasal drop or Spray||1/2 hour|
|Vaginal Cream||1 hour|