What causes cold & flu?
Cold & Flu is an infection which can be caused by a virus. Strangely it has nothing to do with cold climates! It comes from other people’s germs. It’s just when it’s cold, people tend to be closer together, and more likely to share germs.
Cold & Flu is highly contagious. When an infected person coughs, sneezes or speaks, the virus will travel on droplets through the air where it can be easily picked up by the next person.
What are the symptoms of cold & flu?
The symptoms of cold & flu vary from person to person. They can include:
- A blocked or runny nose
- A sore throat
- Watery eyes
- A headache
- More mucus than normal
More hard hitting symptoms can include:
- A cough. Dry and tickly or chesty and full of mucus.
- A blocked nose. This may be caused by the membrane lining in your nose swelling up.
- Headaches. They are usually caused by an increase in temperature, dehydration and even a blocked nose.
- A fever. Your body fights the infection and your temperature rises above 37.2ºC.
- General body aches and pains. Rest up, drink plenty of water and take care of your symptoms with CODRAL®.