Nasonex ALLERGY contains the clinically proven* active ingredient mometasone furoate.
Choose eMedical online chemist for all your prescription, non prescription and compounding pharmacy requirements.
An allergy occurs when a person’s immune system reacts to substances in the environment known as allergens. When a person who is allergic to a particular allergen comes into contact with it, an allergic reaction can occur.
Indoor and outdoor airborne allergens such as pollen, dust, and animal dander, can be breathed in and cause an allergic response. This can result in swelling (inflammation) of the nasal passages and that stuffy, blocked feeling. It can also result in other symptoms such as an itchy and runny nose, and sneezing.
Nasal allergies caused by seasonal allergens such as pollen are commonly known as ‘hayfever’ or seasonal allergic rhinitis. Nasal allergies caused by allergens that are in the environment all year round such as pet dander, are referred to as perennial allergic rhinitis.
SOME EXAMPLES OF COMMON ALLERGENS IN AUSTRALIA
Nasonex Allergy contains the active ingredient mometasone furoate. This belongs to a family of medicines called corticosteroids, which are used to help reduce inflammation.
With the simplicity of a once daily spray, Nasonex ALLERGY works in the nose where it starts to reduce inflammation and help relieve nasal allergy symptoms. The full effect may take 1-2 days.
Nasonex ALLERGY can help prevent the onset of hayfever symptoms when used prior to exposure to your usual allergy triggers, helping you control your allergy symptoms.
FOR EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF NASAL ALLERGY SYMPTOMS, USE NASONEX ALLERGY:
– The pump should be primed prior to first use or if it has not been used for 14 days or longer. – Refer to leaflet insert for priming, spraying and cleaning instructions. – It may take 1-2 days for the full effect to take place.USAGE ADVICE
Adults and children 12 years and over:
– Shake well before each use.
– Apply 2 sprays into each nostril once daily.
– Use every day for best results.
– Once symptoms are controlled, reduce to one spray into each nostril once daily.
– Do not exceed the maximum daily dose.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if:
– Your symptoms are not relieved within 7 days.
– Your nose bleeds.
– You develop signs of a nasal or sinus infection such as fever, pain or swelling, or discoloured nasal discharge.
– You have eye pain or visual disturbances.
Consult your doctor before use if you:
– Have a history of tuberculosis.
– Have infection of the nose or sinus.
– Have ulceration in the nose, nasal injury or had recent nasal surgery.
– Are pregnant or breastfeeding or are planning to become pregnant or breastfeed.
WHO CAN USE NASONEX ALLERGY?
Adults (including the elderly) and children 12 years of age and older can use Nasonex ALLERGY everyday, as required for up to 6 months, for relief and prevention of allergic rhinitis (hayfever) symptoms typically caused by ‘outdoor’ allergens like pollens, and relief and prevention of perennial allergic rhinitis symptoms caused by ‘indoor’ allergens such as animal dander, mould, dust mites and house dust, which can occur any time of the year.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU USE?
Follow all directions given to you by your doctor or pharmacist carefully and do not use more than the recommended dose.
Your doctor or pharmacists’ directions may differ from the information on this website. If you do not understand the instructions, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Mometasone furoate 50mcg/spray
Also contains Benzalkonium Chloride 0.02mg/spray as a preservative.