eMedical accepts no responsibility for any medical events or outcomes relating to use of medications purchased via eMedical Pharmacy Online.
eMedical Pharmacy Online will only dispense prescription medication following receipt of a legal prescription issued by a registered Australian medical practitioner.
Orders from outside Australia:
- Prescription medication will not be dispatched to addresses outside Australia unless prior arrangements have been made to provide eMedical with a prescription from a licensed Australian medical practitioner. If these arrangements have not been made, eMedical will automatically cancel overseas orders for prescription medications, or remove prescription medications from orders which also contain non-prescription items.
- By placing an order, customers outside Australia agree that eMedical may adjust the fee for delivery as necessary. The adjustment depends on the weight of the order and the destination country. Customers may send email or a message to eMedical Pharmacy Online to enquire about the shipping fee at the time of placing the order. There is a rough guide on the Deliveries and Payment page.
eMedical Pharmacy Online provides advice and counselling regarding the use of medications and enquiries regarding delivery of these products via the free phone service 1800 200 736 between 9am and 5pm daily. (Australian Eastern Standard / Summer Time). This phone service is only available within Australia.
By placing an order through eMedical Pharmacy Online, the user affirms that:
- They have no known allergies to, sensitivities to, or intolerance of any products ordered
- They have no known medical conditions predisposing to adverse reactions to any products ordered
- They are not taking any concurrent medications with which the products ordered are likely to interact
- For prescription items: they have received counselling from a health care professional about the indications, actions, interactions and side effects of any medications they have been prescribed, including the likely effects of not taking the medication
- For non-prescription items: they assume all responsibility for adverse outcomes which occur as a result of using the product(s) ordered.
eMedical accepts no responsibility for any medical events or outcomes related to use of the eMedical online consulting service.
eMedical Consulting Online is only available to residents of Australia.
Online consulting is not intended to be used to:
- Treat a medical emergency
- Treat an acute medical condition
- Provide a final diagnosis and initiate a treatment plan
- Issue medication by prescription
Online consulting does provide secure and private exchange between a doctor and an eMedical member so as to:
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction regarding medical issues and conditions
- Supplement the information provided during a face to face medical consultation
- Provide members with up to date information on advances in the treatment of long-term medical problems
The information exchanged in eMedical Online Consulting is confidential and intended solely for the eMedical member who submitted the question. It should not be considered as a definitive diagnosis or a recommendation to adopt any specific action or treatment. The advice is general and is not intended to be for any particular patient, but is merely intended as a guide. Before acting on any of the advice, the client should confirm that such action is applicable and suitable by referring to his or her own medical practitioner. Limitations of consultations without physical examination or investigations should be recognised.
Neither eMedical nor any of its affiliates or employees assume any legal resposibility for any incorrect or misleading information contained within Online Consultations.
eMedical Site content
The contents of the eMedical Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from third parties and any other material contained on the eMedical Site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider within your country with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the eMedical Site.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately. eMedical does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the eMedical Site. Reliance on any information provided by eMedical, eMedical employees, others appearing on the eMedical Site at the invitation of eMedical, or other visitors to the eMedical Site is solely at your own risk.
The eMedical Site may contain health or medical related materials which you find sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. If you do not want to view material of this nature or may be offended by such materials, do not use the eMedical Site.
Copyright and use of content
Liability of eMedical and its licensors
The use of the eMedical Site and the Content is at your own risk. When using the eMedical Site, information will be transmitted over a medium which, in many cases, is beyond the control and jurisdiction of eMedical and its suppliers. Accordingly, eMedical assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the eMedical Site. The eMedical Site and the content are provided on an “as is” basis.
eMedical, its licensors, and its suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. Specifically, eMedical, its licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the eMedical Site or eMedical.
- The satisfaction of government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products with regard to the Content contained on the eMedical Site.
To the fullest extent permitted by law in no event shall eMedical, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the eMedical Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the eMedical Site or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not eMedical is advised of the possibility of such damages.
To the fullest extent permitted by law eMedical is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the eMedical Site, Content, or chatrooms (as defined below).
To the fullest extent permitted by law any claims arising in connection with your use of the eMedical Site, any Content, or the Public Areas must be brought within one (1) year of the date of the event giving rise to such action occurred.
To the fullest extent permitted by law remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
Use of chat rooms
If you use a chatroom, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the chatrooms. eMedical is not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the chatrooms. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately. In consideration of being allowed to use the chatrooms, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
- Using a chatroom for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy rights of others
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business
- After receiving a warning from eMedical or its representative, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form)
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Impersonating another person
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming” or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the eMedical Site, or which, in the judgment of eMedical, exposes eMedical or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type
At its complete discretion, eMedical may, but is not obligated to, do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to any or all chatrooms and/or the eMedical Site upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the chatrooms.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the eMedical Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
eMedical reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests or the public. eMedical has no liability or responsibility to users of the eMedical Site or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Advertisements and Links to other Sites
eMedical does not endorse the content on any third-party websites. To the fullest extent permitted by law, eMedical is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites, sites framed within the eMedical Site, or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. eMedical does not endorse any product advertised on the eMedical Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold eMedical, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms and Conditions.
eMedical is based in Melbourne, Australia. eMedical makes no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of Australia. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the eMedical Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The following provisions survive the expiration or termination of these Terms and Use for any reason whatsoever: Liability of eMedical and its Licensors, User Submissions, and use of Chat Room, Idemmenity, Jurisdiction, and Complete Agreement.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with eMedical, or in any way relating to your use of the eMedical Site, resides in the courts of the State of Victoria and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Victoria, Australia, in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving eMedical or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Victoria, Australia, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the eMedical Site helpful and convenient to use! Questions or comments regarding the eMedical Site should be directed by electronic mail to email@example.com